What is an Interview?
You have sent a good CV and cover letter for your job application and succeeded, now you have your job interview appointment. How you prepare for the interview determines your success in securing the job. In this page we hope that, you’re going to learn techniques that will help you to do well in your interview.
Top Tips for Interview Success:
- Some days before interview, try to predict questions that could be asked during the interview. Write bullet point answers for common interview questions such as, "why should we hire you?"
- Research the organisation to have some information about it. This will help you understand the organisation's work culture, values, and other necessary details that will help you to be well informed.
- Re-read the job description. Read the job tasks, knowledge and the skills that the employers are looking for. When answering questions, link what the employer is looking for with your skills and past experience.
- Practice makes perfect. Practice answering questions out loud, and do practice interviews with your friends and family. This will help to build your confidence.
- Prepare questions to ask, most interviewees will be given a chance to ask questions. Consider what you want to know about the job. Questions to ask could be: what are challenges currently faced by the position I am looking for? How do you measure individual performance? What are the distinctive characters for the organisation compared to others?
- Be confident. Before the interview session drink some water, take a long breath and reassure yourself that you will preform well.
- Arrive on time. Make sure you reach at the interview place at least half an hour before the starting time. Plan your trip and transport before hand.
- Think about the job you want, then dress accordingly to for the interview.
- Look smart: shine your shoes, make sure your clothes are clean and tidy, comb your hair, and make your nails clean and tidy.