What is a personal motivation letter?
Personal motivation letters are often used for academic opportunities, volunteerism roles, and different projects. Motivation letters differ from cover letters as they are often used for non - job applications. A personal motivation letter provides a chance for you to explain why you are interested in the specific activity, express your capabilities, and showcase why you are the right candidate for the position.
Tips for writing a good personal motivation letter
- Your letter should be well presented.
- Explain your interest in opportunity, and use examples of what you have done to showcase your interest. For example why you want to study a master of X from University Y?
- Detail what you’re applying for, and explain your expectations of this role.
- Use simple language, don’t complicate it too much.
- All of your information should be honest and truthful.
- Avoid misspellings and grammatical errors. Read your motivation letter and give it to someone else to re-read and correct you.